born May 12,1944, married,
profile Henno Hensen: deutsch >
Business career / qualification:
Henno Hensen, Dipl.-Ing. (FH)
Graduated packaging engineer Oskar-von-Miller Polytechnic, Munich.
1969 bis 1971 Manager at Europa Carton AG (folding carton division), Bremen.
1971 bis 1997 owner and CEO of HENSEN GMBH founded by his father in 1934 (Erich Hensen † 1968) Activities: contract packing, agency for US and European packaging machines. Since 1987 manufacturer of pouch machines.
1997 bis 2008 owner and CEO of HENSEN PACKAGING CONCEPT GMBH (HPC) Activities: designing and manufacturing of pouch machines for inserting and filling.
Juli 2008 HPC sold to KHS AG part of Klöckner Werke AG, part of Salzgitter AG.
Since August 2008 independent consultant with HENSEN CONSULT.
Knowledge fields of activity:
- Since more than 35 years active supporter of refill and doyen style pouches
- Development of flexible packaging
- Development of closures and fitments for pouches
- Packaging design for pouches and determination of materials for pouches
- Determination and optimization of machines and systems for pouches
- Complete consideration of product, packaging material, machine system and end user
- Utilization and application of patents (more then 35 own patent applications)
- Development partner in R&D, new systems and start ups (Scaldopack, FlexFill Solutions)
Area of Expertise:
Flexible Packaging - stand-up pouches